Terms and Conditions – Course Bookings with United Safe Care
Bookings can be taken over the telephone, by email or online. Online bookings are subject to a small administration fee, applied by third party provider. All telephone and email bookings are provisional and an invoice will be sent to you for the full payment amount. A booking will only be confirmed, via email, when payment has been received. United Safe Care Limited’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Full payment is due 14 days after the invoice is issued or 7 days before the course start date, whichever is the sooner. Your place is only confirmed once full payment has been received. A booking confirmation email with pre-course information will be emailed as soon as full payment is received.
Please contact us if you need to transfer course dates. The first transfer is free, and we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £20 per place booked for any subsequent transfers. All transfers must be within a period of six months.
For sales to individuals, you have the right to change your mind about your booking under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. You can cancel your booking and receive a full refund up to 14 days from the day after confirm your booking to cancel the contract where you will receive a full refund. The right to cancel does not apply to:
- Courses that have been designed on a bespoke basis and specifically tailored to your requirements.
- Courses, once these have commenced, even if the cancellation period is still running. By booking onto a course where the start date is less than 14 days from the date of the booking, you are expressly requesting the service to start before the end of the cancellation period. If you subsequently exercise the right to cancel before the service is fully provided, you will be responsible for the cost of the service provided up to the day you cancelled. Any refund will be in proportion to the services provided in comparison with the full service.
Once that 14 day period has passed, or for sales to businesses, should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your course and are unable to transfer to another date at the time of cancellation, the following charges will apply:
- More than four weeks prior to the course start date - no charge
- One to four weeks prior to the course - 25% of the course fee charged
- Less than one week’s notice prior to the course - full fee
- Non-attendances - full fee.
All cancellations must be made in writing by post or email and received by the due date.
If you have booked via Eventbrite, in some circumstances you will be able to claim a refund automatically, which is processed online. If you find this is not possible, please contact us.
We will always endeavour to avoid cancellation and, if so, to give you reasonable notice. In the unlikely event that a course needs to be cancelled, for example due to unforeseen circumstances, we will make every attempt to contact the attendee using the details given on their booking form. The client can choose to take a full refund or, where available, a free transfer to the same course originally booked.
The client acknowledges that if a course is cancelled United Safe Care and Diagrama Foundation will not be responsible for the consequential loss or damages, and also the client acknowledges that they will not take any legal action against United Safe Care or Diagrama Foundation for any loss, damage, costs or expenses arising in connection with the cancellation of the contract.
Course Entry Requirements and Guidelines
You must ensure that you have read the pre-course information which will be emailed to you as soon as payment is received and your booking is confirmed. You must be aware of pre-course requirements especially relating to enrolment, responsibilities and contact time.
All students and employers must be aware of any course entry requirements before the booking is made.
- To be eligible to attend a First Aid at Work two day re-qualification course, students must present a valid First Aid certificate issued by an approved provider which is “in date” on the last day of the re-qualification course, or which is no more than 1 month out of date on the last day of the re-qualification course provided that the course was booked before the certificate expired. In certain special circumstances where this has not been possible, you may still be able to requalify as a First Aider by attending a 2-day course: if you are in any doubt you must contact USC to discuss this before placing your booking. Students must also bring photo identification with them (eg passport or driving licence).
- If a student arrives late or doesn’t attend any session which would result in the student not gaining sufficient knowledge or skill United Safe Care has the right to refuse the student access to the course and in all cases the full fee remains payable. In line with the accrediting/awarding body requirements, attendance at all sessions is mandatory.
Qualification and Attendance Certificates
Certificates are provided for successful completion of training/assessment as appropriate and are supplied only following full settlement of course fees. Qualification certificates may take up to 2 weeks to be issued. Please bring some form of signed (e.g. credit card) or photographic (e.g. driving license) confirmation of your identity to your first aid course. If your identity cannot be authenticated during the course then certification will be delayed until the Awarding Body can confirm your identity. Certificates of attendance will be issued at the end of the course, providing the invoice for the course has been paid in full.
All information that we hold concerning you will be held and processed by United Safe Care strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. When you make a booking your personal information is used by us to confirm your booking, to provide the training course requested and for statistical information purposes. Where you have requested a qualification certificate, we will also share this information with our Awarding Organisation, Nuco Training, in order to process your details. We will not share this information or use if for marketing purposes without your specific permission.
United Safe Care Ltd warrants that courses supplied will be conducted in a professional manner in accordance with generally recognised practices and standards and it will provide appropriately qualified and experienced instructor(s) to deliver courses using suitable course materials.
Courses provided are covered by United Safe Care Ltd's Public Liability Insurace. Please contact us for further details as required.
All course fees are subject to the current rate of VAT (valid exemptions only).
United Safe Care Ltd may assign or sub-contract the whole or any part of the Contract to any person, firm or company.
Course Fees and Terms & Conditions
United Safe Care Ltd reserves the right to change course fees, terms and conditions at any time.Last updated April 2018